Dr Novikova is passionate about provision of individualised high level evidence-based care to women with gynaecological problems.
She is a highly skilled gynaecologist and laparoscopic surgeon who has a special interest in urogynaecology. Dr Novikova acquired a broad experience in the field of gynaecology through her work and training in various centres around the world (Ukraine, Sweden and Australia). She runs a gynaecological private practice in Cape Town.
Dr Novikova became a doctor in 1998 graduating from the National Medical Univeristy in Kiev, Ukraine where she grew up. She completed PhD on Infection and Preterm Birth through Lund University in Sweden and National University in Kiev, Ukraine.
Dr Novikova undertook her specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Centre of Excellence in Australia, e.g. Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney. She also obtained Masters Degree in Medicine from the Univeristy of Sydney for her research on the mechanism of action of the morning-after-pill. She developed an interest in minimally invasive surgery and urogynaecology during her training, and advanced her skills by working in close collaboration with world-leading surgeons.
Dr Novikova teaches medical students, junior doctors and specialists in training. She takes part in global research by being an associate editor of Cochrane Library which is the top source of evidence in medicine. She published extensively in medical journals and has over 50 publications and presented at various local and international congresses.
Dr Natalia Novikova has recently attended and completed a course for Cosmetic Gynaecology with ESAG (European Society of Aesthetic Gynecology). She is now certified to complete the following:
- G -Spot Amplification
- Labia Majora Augmentation by Fillers
- Laser Vulvar Bleaching
- Non-Invasive Laser Vulvar Tightening –
- Using Non-Invasive Laser for Vaginal Rejuvenation and Treatment of Stress urine
- Vaginal Bleaching
- Medical Degree, National Medical University, Kiev, Ukraine 1998
- PhD, National Medical University, Kiev, Ukraine 2003
- Master of Medicine, (by research) University of Sydney, Australia 2007
- Member of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (Specialist Degree), United Kingdom 2007
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (Specialist Degree), Australia 2011
- Registration as a specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology by Health Professional Council of South Africa 2010